scott down-dj sike one-1989-canada john acquaviva-indie-random rap


Before there was the Canadian electronic watershed label  +8 (plus8) generated by
John Acquaviva, there was this dip into the shallow end of the hip hop
arena.

I bought this in London Ontario after meeting Acquaviva at a performance
we did with him watching our own high school era (1990) rap group doing a gig
at Notes nightclub. While he left unimpressed I remained a fan of his output.

As for the group he produced here, Scott Down and DJ sike ONE , I have no speculation
to what they did after this. I heard they were from New York state, but I cannot confirm this.


Enjoy both sides of this rare independent hip hop.


scott down-dj sike one-flavor-flav001-1989-canada

1- Ring my phone (bass mix)
2- I'm comin' 

3- Ring my phone (hip house mix)
4- Rockin' funky watergate


*

*


converted by DJ OATS
from original EP - at150mlx technics 1200 mackie u.420d - 24/96 to 1644- youtube codec



Comments

Popular Posts