SUZANNE-A PASSING FANCY ((( LISTEN ))) -Canadian downer acid femme vocal

 

SUZANNE  
self titled
1969 - CANADA

BIRCHMOUNT records BM501 STEREO

Available in hibitrate AAC format from original LP.

Fabulous tragically beautiful gloomy breezy pop psychedelia from French(Montreal) Canada
sung by Suzanne in a fragile girl coming into womanhood quiver.


As rare and kinda similar in vein as the another Birchmount record, the Mary Saxton 'Sad Eyes' LP.
The 5 songs Suzanne sings penned by the Hambleton brothers ( Greg and Fergus) of the Canadian Psychedelic Group A PASSING FANCY are standouts of this LP and are the real reason to dig this LP! The Hambletons also Produce and play on this LP.


 










Suzanne sings the material in a Julie Cruze 
(twin peaks) meets Velvet underground meets 
Claudine without the accent.... The song "Island", 
shows up on the Passing Fancy LP as a single, and
also another Birchmount LP by ex-shays vocalist, 
Wayne Versage done in a bongo by the beach groove 
but the Suzanne version nails the mood of what 'Island'
is saying in the lyrics.





PLAYERS  on SUZANNE :
suzanne, a passing fancy, fergus hambleton, greg hambleton and other unlisted personelle
converted by freqazoidiac@gmail.com from original pressing





While speaking of the album by Wayne Versage (rip), he obviously had help from the Hambletons too
and Jay Telfer (rip) who was an early member of Passing Fancy but I do not know if he has any part
of the Suzanne LP because It's unknown when it was recorded, probably as early summer 1968
by looking at the cover tracks by originally by Burt Bacharach and Hal David.










An offshoot LP was released with the instrumental bed tracks from the
Suzanne Sessions called "tuesday's children" with some songs
not on Suzanne like instrumental to "i believe in sunshine" also a Passing Fancy track and was a hit for Madrigal. On a few songs you hear Suzannes voice leak through.

















(((((((((((( A/V )))))))))))))
CLIPS BELOW
IN STREAMING FLASH
FORMAT  OF 
ACTUAL AUDIO FROM
THE LP




Comments

  1. How could I get a copy of these songs? I am a big fan of Canadian '60s music.

    jwitty@sympatico.ca

    check out my podcast '60s obscure musicshow page at

    http://jimschild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also curious about this album... I stumbled across A Passing Fancy several years back and I even recorded a rather weird lo-fi cover of Island.

    I can't find this album anywhere in any format. If you converted it from Vinyl to MP3 I will trade you my cover of Island for the album????

    cheers,

    Jonathan.deschamps@gmail.com
    Seattle, WA

    p.s.- I can't guarantee that you will like my version

    ReplyDelete
  3. anyone wanting copies of anything here..the full instructions are on my link column..the far right.

    here's a direct link of how to gain access to my server "thee groove yard"

    http://ca.geocities.com/freqazoidiac/freqBlog/KDXHotLineHowto.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for this album for a long time. I've never heard it, but always was intregued by it. I'd love to hear it.

    Keltie
    kelhard@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent lp with some top melancholy songs... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    May I have a link to the album please?
    Thx a bunch in advance.
    O.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

MAKE SURE YOUR FRIEND CONNECT NAME IS THE SAME NAME YOU COMMENT/REQUEST WITH SO I CAN FIND YOU





full instructions below to become member-please follow steps
otherwise it will be hard or impossible to find you to send link(s)


contact us anytime - freqazoidiac@gmail.com

Popular Posts